Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hefna Qwap interview on shrooms

If you plan on hitting up The Smoker’s Club Tour, get ready for one of the most hectic years yet, as the lineup proves that it’s bound to be one heck of a show. While in Atlanta for A3C, Urbanology Magazine linked up with one of the up-coming acts, who promises to show each city how he gets down and rather than tell us, he showed us. Hefna Gwap and his mob, along with Elegant Caviar’s Sleepy Jeanson and DyMe-A-DuZin were found taking over the fourth floor pool and cabana of the Meliá Hotel while on shrooms on the third day of the five-day hip-hop festival.
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE IN ATLANTA FOR A3C? We feel good, if they could see me right now, they would see me in my drawers on the fourth floor, swimming, smoking weed and doing shrooms and that’s how it feels.
WHAT CAN PEOPLE EXPECT FROM YOUR LIVE SHOW? A lot of gymnastics, but I can’t right now, because my foot is sprained.
HOW DID YOU MANAGE THAT? Actually, with DyMe-A-DuZin himself at Rap Genius. I was playing basketball without a basketball, because I was so drunk. I went up for a layup and I came down and I was in the middle of Brooklyn on the ground screaming…
OUCH… SOO… WHAT INSPIRES YOUR MUSIC AND WHAT DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO TAKE AWAY FROM IT? Life really, and everybody around me. Life is beautiful so you should enjoy it. I want everybody to take that away from me. I come from the streets so I just want people to find the best in their life and try and do whatever you need to do, no matter who is talking down on you.
WHAT DOES A DAY IN THE LIFE OF HEFNA GWAP CONSIST OF? A day in the life of me is… At the [Meliá] Hotel in Atlanta with a sprained ankle on shrooms with Spaceman, Jona Grizz and Vinny Cha$e over there. We’re doing backflips in the pool with Roleys on. And DyMe-A-DuZin in the background screaming that we’re going to do a music video for “Lick”.

No comments:

Post a Comment